Sunday, October 17, 2010

The day that changed the life of millions



By Troy Muhammad

I can't say enough about the Historical Million Man March.Just know that October 16th 1995 I was one of 2 million MEN who life was changed for the better.The Anointed spirit of The true and living God was with us and I have not been the same man since.I thank Allah(God) and The Honorable Minister Farrakhan for this day and know that if it was not for this day;I and many of us would not be alive or enjoy the success that has been granted to me or us since The Million Man March.So let us all no matter what your religion,tribe or political views are salute this Historical and life changing day and SHAME on you if you don't.

On October 16, 1995, the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan led over 2-million men in taking this pledge during the historic Million Man March in Washington, D.C.

I PLEDGE, that from this day forward I will strive to love my brother as I love myself. I, from this day forward, will strive to improve myself spiritually, morally, mentally, socially, politically and economically for the benefit of myself, my family and my people.

I PLEDGE, that I will strive to build businesses, build houses, build hospitals, build factories and enter into international trade for the good of myself, my family and my people.

I PLEDGE, that from this day forward I will never raise my hand with a knife or a gun to beat, cut, or shoot any member of my family or any human being except in self-defense.

I PLEDGE, from this day forward I will never abuse my wife by striking her, disrespecting her, for she is the mother of my children and the producer of my future.

I PLEDGE, that from this day forward I will never engage in the abuse of children, little boys or little girls for sexual gratification. For I will let them grow in peace to be strong men and women for the future of our people.

I WILL NEVER, again use the ‘B word' to describe any female. But particularly my own Black sister.

I PLEDGE, from this day forward that I will not poison my body with drugs or that which is destructive to my health and my well-being.

I PLEDGE, from this day forward I will support Black newspapers, Black radio, Black television. I will support Black artists who clean up their acts to show respect for themselves and respect for their people and respect for the ears of the human family.

I will do all of this so help me God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GLOBAL HOOD TV

Watch live streaming video from defendhaiti at livestream.com